Window dressings are important, but that doesn’t mean you have to settle for the mundane ideas. Apart from the aesthetics, window dressings are important for protecting your furniture from sunlight, ensuring privacy and controlling light entering into an area. If you are tired of curtains, you can opt for window blinds, which have many benefits and are considerably durable in comparison. This is the ultimate guide to choosing the right blinds for your home.
- Vertical blinds. These blinds have vertical panels, which work well for controlling natural light. Vertical blinds are ideal for homes and offices alike and can be used in a number of unique ways.
- Venetian blinds. Venetian blinds are more durable and consist of horizontal slats. These are usually made of aluminum or wood and are more ideal for smaller spaces, because such blinds create an illusion of space.
- Roman blinds. If you are looking for more material options and designs, Roman blinds are idea in more ways than one. You can go for textures, patterns and designs that can add an extra layer to your interiors.
- Blackout blinds. For homes that are more concerned with energy efficiency in the peak months, Blackout blinds are apt for their needs. Blackout blinds are versatile and allow you to experiment with designs, but without losing out on functionality.
- Roller blinds. These blinds have a beaded coil setup, which allow you to roll the blinds upwards to control privacy and light. Roller blinds are not always expensive, making them ideal for homes with smaller budgets.
Things to consider
Before you look for window blinds, consider some of the important aspects like –
- Why are you choosing blinds over other window treatments? Do you have specific goals in mind?
- What kind of privacy or light control do you expect?
- Do you have an existing interior theme? If yes, do you want certain kinds of blinds?
- Do you have any preferences for selected rooms?
- What about the size of the blinds?
Many sellers will guide you on selecting window blinds, which can be a big advantage. Certain blinds are just better for selected rooms, so you can get an idea of what works and for which room. Don’t shy away from asking questions while discussing things with the seller and always insist on getting an estimate, based on the custom requirements. Check online now to find potential sellers near you!