A fence installation appears to be an easy DIY project at a glance. However, there’s more to it than you may think. Digging holes and sticking posts into the ground isn’t all you need to do during fence installation. Fortunately, you can search for a “fencing company near me” and hire professionals to install a fence for you. Let’s figure out whether you should DIY through a fence installation or hire a pro.
- The job gets done properly – When you hire pros for installing your fence, you can guarantee that the job will get done properly. Professionals can offer you their valuable opinions and recommendations for everything including materials and placement. They aren’t amateurs and have the right protocols to avoid costly mistakes that are difficult and tiring to rectify.
For instance, when you install the fence yourself without knowing exactly where your property line is located, you may accidentally build a portion of the fence on your neighbor’s property. Professionals will survey your property and figure out exactly where the fence line lies before they start sourcing materials.
Moreover, when professionals install your fence in the right way without any mistakes, the fence is built to be strong and would need fewer repairs and maintenance. When you do it yourself, you may miss out on hammering nails or other hardware, making the fence structurally less stable. The fence may lean or even collapse down the line.
- You get the appropriate fence for your needs – When you’re DIYing a fence installation project, you may think about the materials, style, and the fence line at best. However, a professional has a very different approach. They will be thorough about the job and consider things that you may have missed out on. For instance, you may see an amazing fence style on Instagram and try to replicate it in your backyard.
However, a professional has to be updated with all kinds of fence styles, popular and novel. So, they recommend a style that you didn’t even know about. They would also assess your goals, the layout of your property, and other such factors to recommend a fence style that perfectly aligns with your needs.
During a fence installation, you have to think about all kinds of things including materials, style, functionality, durability, maintenance, terrain, budget, and more. Apart from that, the fence should also be up to code and shouldn’t break any local regulations. A fence installation pro will take all such factors into account and know which one would suit you best.
- Save time – You’ll always save time when you hire a pro for most household tasks and construction projects and the same holds for fence installation. Professionals have years of experience and are experts at their job. So, the things you will do have already been done by them thousands of times or even more. That’s why they would be able to complete the fence installation in a fraction of the time that you would take.
Since they have been in the trade for a while and have extensive experience in their industry, they have streamlined parts of the construction project. They have a framework to come up with the planning and will secure all the necessary approvals to do the project in less time without compromising on quality. They also have access to higher quality materials at a lower price and have more advanced tools to help with the project. When you hire a pro, you can simply sit back and relax while the work gets done within schedule.
- Save money – When you hire a pro, you don’t just save time, but also save a lot of money. During the installation project, you may run into a lot of problems and unexpected expenses. On the other hand, a professional fence installation company will tell you exactly what to expect and a quote for the entire project. So, you won’t need to worry about unexpected and unpleasant surprises. Moreover, when a properly installed fence increases the security and privacy of your home, you can negotiate with your insurance company to lower the premium.
As mentioned above, professionals also have access to specialized equipment for fence installation. Installing complex privacy fences and other styles of fences needs more technical know-how and specialized equipment than you may think. Even if you buy or rent those tools, you lack the experience and training to operate them. If you use those tools the wrong way you may damage the fence and in the worst-case scenario, injure yourself severely. Instead, hiring a pro saves you money on buying or renting tools, unexpected costs, and medical expenses.
- Boost your property value – A properly installed fence doesn’t just provide your privacy and security, but also increases the curb appeal of your home. All those things help to increase the property value of your home. When you try to DIY it and the fence doesn’t turn out right, it may even make your property look worse and bring down its value. When you sell your home, real estate agents and potential owners would be delighted by a professionally installed fence that’s up to code and would be willing to shell out that extra cash.
- Support local businesses – When you hire a pro, you hire someone local and that enables you to support local businesses. Since they live and work in the area, they know about the legal regulations and depend on tight-knit local communities to earn a living. That’s why they will try to deliver you the best service and the most competitive prices.
Fence installation isn’t an easy job by any measure. You need to do a lot of things. From figuring out the design and fence line to sourcing materials, choosing fence style, and using the right installation methods to ensure that it lasts. That’s why it’s better to hire a pro for fence installation. To do that, you can search for “fencing company near me”.